Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Anniversary

By C. LaRene Hall

This week marks the third anniversary of our blog ldswritersblogck.blogspot.com. That is three successful years or 36 months, or 156 weeks, or 1,095 days.

I want to thank those who have followed us during this time. Without our readers, this blog would be nothing.

This group of bloggers seems like family. I’m the mother, but only because I’m the oldest, and in reality, I have more experience since I have eighteen grandchildren. I have several daughters –
Cindy, Gaynell, Karen, Nichole and the newest one, Ali. Then we had to throw in a couple of sons – Darvell and Keith. Just like a family, they are always there to help me. I’ll never have the computer skills they all have, but that’s just like real life. My own kids have passed me by in their computer knowledge.

In these three years, I’ve not missed a week of posting an entry. It hasn’t always been easy because sometimes I traveled away from home, but with the help of Cindy and Nichole, my blog was always posted on time. There were times when I was up past the bewitching hour and thought, “It’s Wednesday.” I posted my blog only to find that it showed it was still Tuesday, even though my computer showed it the following day. Our moderator, Darvell, was quick to come to my rescue and fix things.

Since our blog is about writing, it hasn’t always been easy to think of something to post. All of us have had to stretch things at times. You would think we’d run out of things to say, but NO – for a writer there is always something to write. Keep visiting us and we’ll keep writing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I'll keep reading!

Congrats on the 3 years!

Nichole Giles said...

Wow, has it been that long? I love being part of our little family. You've all taught me so much. Thanks for the beautiful reminder, Mom!