Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My Tag Blog

By Connie S. Hall

I also love games, and although I’m old, I still play tag. This particular game makes you put your research skills to work. The directions and answers are below.

1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your birth date only - without the year. My list was almost five pages long.

The date of my birth is December 15, ten days before Christmas.

2. List 3 events that occurred that day:

1791 – The United States Bill of Rights becomes law when ratified by the Virginia legislature.

1939 – Gone with the Wind premieres in Atlanta, Georgia.

1965 – The film The Sound of Music is released.

3. List 2 important birthdays:

1878 – Hans Carossa, German writer.

1888 – Maxwell Anderson, American writer.

4. List 1 death:

1673 – Margaret Cavendish, an English writer.

5. List a holiday or observance:

Bill of Rights day, as stated by Franklin Roosevelt.

Can you believe my first and last items are related? You can tell by my list that two of my loves are history and writing. I hope everyone has fun playing this game, and if you aren’t tagged you should still look up the information.

I tag G. Parker.

1 comment:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Connie,
I can't believe that your life is linked to both "Gone With the Wind" and "The Sound of Music".

Maybe you were meant to have a life in acting? Naw, we can't have that, because then we'd lose one of my favorite writers!