By Connie S. Hall
I almost hate myself. My computer office at home is so clean I don’t want to enter its doors again or I might mess it up. Being this organized is ridiculous. How will I be able to work with nothing to look at?
My plans of working in the yard on Saturday and Monday of the Memorial weekend ended abruptly when I had to have an ingrown toenail removed on Friday. Saturday I did what I was supposed to do. Nothing. Sunday afternoon we delivered the many bouquets of flowers to all the graves. Monday, what shall I do? An idea hit. I could keep my foot out of the way while I cleaned the cluttered room. It wasn’t dirty, just messy with many piles of papers scattered all over in neat stacks. I even knew what was in each pile. Anyone that knows me well knows filing is at the bottom of my list of things to do. I hate the job and it’s always the last thing done.
Now that the room is clean, I have another problem. Among the several papers that I needed to file were notes from conferences and on-line helps suggested to me by other people. The titles include:
1. The 3 Most Common Mistakes Made When Writing Articles.
2. Article Writing Mistakes – 7 To Avoid.
3. 7 Formulas for Writing Articles That Get Read!
4. Top 7 Mistakes Writers Make and What To Do About Them.
5. 12 Tips For Writing Articles On The Internet.
6. 6 Tips For Better Writing.
7. 10 Tips For Better Writing.
8. 10 Tips For Writing Success.
9. Humorous Reminders of Common Writing Mistakes.
With all this good information, I should find something to help me, but instead I became discouraged and quit reading. To me it seems they should offer similar information, but do they? No, they’re all different. Which ones do you listen to and read? If I took time to read all of these when would I have time to write, and how would I have time to keep a clean room?