Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Last Tag

By Keith Fisher

Years ago I saw a cute cartoon of an old man lying on his death bed. He motioned for a young man to come closer. When the young man did, the old man gestured to come closer still. The young man leaned down with his ear to the old man’s mouth, the old man touched the young man on the cheek. He said, "Last tag." and died. The young man was mortified. Who was he going to tag now? The old man was dead and the young man would be IT forever.

I just discovered G. Parker tagged me for this game on her blogsite. Then I found that Kerry Blair tagged me too. Lest you think I’m not a good sport, I decided I’d better play. To Gaynell, Kerry, and any others who might have tagged me thanks for thinking of me. Since everyone has already played I won’t be able to tag anyone. I guess I’m the victim of the last tag.


What were you doing ten years ago? Selling a house, buying a new one, and getting ready for a new arrival in our family.

What were you doing one year ago? Learning to be a typesetter, and re-writing a novel.

Five snacks you enjoy: Soft, cold, and gooey—depends on the day, and time of day

Five songs you know all the lyrics to: Love at home, Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, Peaceful easy Feeling in fact most of the 60’s and 70’s music. (I’ve been listening since it was new). Number five would be Happy Birthday to you.

Things you would do if you were a millionaire: Buy a castle in Scotland, write best sellers like a young lady we all know. Actually, I’d start businesses in areas on the decline. (Create jobs in places that can’t support the next generation.)

Five bad habits: Coveting Nichole’s convertible mustang, internalizing innocent comments, procrastination, messiness, and snoring.

Five things you like to do: Family things, being in the zone with my writing. Camping, hunting and fishing.

Things you will never wear again: Most of my wardrobe. not because I don't like it but because they don't fit.

Five favorite toys: My computer, Camp Trailer, Swamp cooler (this time of year), Fishing pole, and Nichole’s Convertible (Have you checked the garage, Nichole).

Where will you be in ten years: sitting on my front porch with a shotgun threatening my daughter’s boyfriends. I will have my laptop beside me (still doing re-writes).

Five people to tag: Anyone who wants to play.

That was fun, stay tuned next week for an amateur writing workshop where I re-hash lessons I’ve learned before.

3 comments:

G. Parker said...

This was great fun, Keith! Has Nichole checked her garage yet? LOL Good blog!

Cindy Beck, author said...

Keith,
Fun stuff. But could you please identify exactly what soft, gooey and cold foods you like? Semi-defrosted worms would be soft, gooey and cold ... :-)

Nichole Giles said...

Keith,
Just came back from checking my garage. My car's still there. Pshew! You had me worried for a half second.

Fun blog!

Nichole