Friday, November 09, 2007

Here We Are...Week 2

by G.Parker

Well, here we are, heading into week two of the world renown NaNoWriMo. What is your word count? I’m at 17266 words as of Thursday night, which is my goal.

I decided I won’t be writing Sundays, I rarely write on Saturdays and I’m definitely not going to write on Thanksgiving – so I had to budget the remaining days. It’s an average of about 2,200 words a day, and totally workable.

However – I’m not going to hold myself to 50,000 words this year. I’m planning to finish the story, whatever the word count may be. Sure, if it’s less than 50,000 I’ll have to do some scrambling to make up scenes that I’ll take out later, (grin) but I’m going to get to that goal, regardless.

Whenever this time of year comes around, I think of goals more. Have you ever had a objective you were determined to reach? Especially with writing? It’s like a new years resolution to me, but I never make those because I never keep them. Goals have always been a fleeting, flimsy thing that I’ve never got the hang of until I became an adult. Even then it has only been the past five years or so that I’ve appreciated the value of a setting a goal and how to reach it.

So this is my month of major goals, my new years resolutions so to speak, and I’ll let you know next week if I’m still in the game.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I just wrote a blog about the Week 2 Blues, but I do want to say here that I now have over 15,000 words written that I didn't have 9 days ago. It sure feels good! I'll have to do NaNoWriMo every year!