Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Out of Control

By C. LaRene Hall

The year has just started and already I feel like I’m racing out of control without a clue as to what I’m doing. I know it’s because I haven’t taken the time to set my goals. Sometimes I struggle because that is what everyone else does. I don’t want to be like anyone else because I enjoy doing my own thing.

This year I’m not calling them goals or resolutions. I don’t want to be ambitious, or aspire to anything big. I know that if I don’t decide to do something with my life, it’ll go down the tube. This year I’m going to aim to do a little each day. Like Robin Hood, I’m aiming for the target. If I do it each day, the things I wish for will come true.

Targets for my writing will include write something every day, and sending a story out every month. I plan to spend two days a week doing research. Without research, I’ll never finish my stories in progress.

I aim to invite my family over to my house more often. Instead of taking them out for their birthday my objective this year is to invite them to my home where we can spend more quality time together.

I finished catching the scrapbooks up the last few weeks, so this year I won’t have to work so hard on them. I think for the other extra chores I need to do throughout the year I’ll make a big bulls-eye and wherever the arrow lands that day that’s what I’ll do. I feel better already because now I know where I’m going.

No comments: