Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Favorite

By C. LaRene Hall

I knew this would happen. Yes, I’m home. I have tons of things to talk about, but where do I start? The Hawaiian Cruise was wonderful and all the island tours were great. Which was my favorite? Every one of them. All were different and each added to our vacation. I wouldn’t want to leave any out. As I flip through my photos, I honestly can’t come up with which place I loved the most.

The place that fascinated me more than any other was the ocean. It was always changing. Every picture I took was different. The first thing my husband and I did once on board was immediately go out on deck and watch all the action below as the ship prepared to leave port. The red tugboat had its work cut out for it. How such a small vessel can help a large ship to move even an inch is beyond my comprehension. However, tug us out it did. The last thing I looked at before going below each evening – one level to our inside cabin – was the ocean, and it was the first thing I wanted to see each morning.

The ocean was the one thing I never tired of watching. Even on all the tours, the thing I always enjoyed were the waves crashing against the rocks. On the road to Hana it was the thing that always drew my attention around each curve and across each bridge.

If I were to chose, another thing I enjoyed was the sunsets on the ocean, and the sunrise at the crater. If you haven’t witnessed such a scene with your own eyes, I’m at a loss as to how to describe them. Even though a writer needs to know how to portray such things, I can’t. Some things leave everyone speechless.

1 comment:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Connie,
Oh yes, how can anyone not love the ocean in Hawaii?

Enjoyed your blog ... thanks for posting it.