Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Tooting Your Horn

By C. LaRene Hall

I don't remember the headlines of yesterday, or last month, or even last year. When other people receive an award, I don't always remember what they got. As you may have guessed, my memory isn't the best.

Those who make a difference in my life are not famous people, but rather the ones that care about me. The things I do remember are the accomplishments of the people in my life.

I'm always excited to hear the news that one of my friends has a book accepted for publication. There's been lots of good news in our Authors Incognito group. I don't always acknowledge them when they toot their horn, but I'm happy for them. Some day I hope I'll be among them, but for now, I'm just happy that this great group is having so much success. So I'll say it now - Congratulations, to ALL of you. Keep up the good work.

No comments: