Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cultivate Your Garden of Life

By C. LaRene Hall

Early this summer my husband planted a garden. A few weeks later, we went on vacation. When we came home almost everything was dead. Even my flowers and the grass had turned yellow. He has been successful in bringing most everything back to life, but the vegetables are still struggling. Because he wasn’t home to continually nurture his garden, there’s not going to be as many tomatoes and zucchini as usual.



I’m hoping that I have cultivated things in my garden of life a little better than he did in our vegetable garden. I’ve tried to work on many things, as I’m sure many of you do. Here is my list:
Cultivate a good sense of humor.

Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Plant happiness in your heart, and don’t let anyone remove it.
Cultivate a spirit of gladness in your home. I’ve always believed that the woman sets the tone of the home. If you are cheerful, no matter what, usually everyone else follows suit.

Cultivate the art of being kind, thoughtful and helpful. The more you do this, the easier it becomes.

Cultivate the light you have within you, and it will shine through as a radiant expression that will be seen by others.

Cultivate a grateful heart.

Cultivate good friends who do not try to make you choose between their ways and the Lord’s ways.

Cultivate whatever talents you have, and they will grow and become an expression of your true self.

I’m not saying that any of the things above are easy, but the more of thm you can develop the happier your life will be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post, Connie. It's one of my favorites! I think I shall have to bookmark it.