Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

By C. LaRene Hall


HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I almost forgot about my blog today with all the many preparations I've been doing tonight. I didn't do much, mostly watched my daughter as she put together 8 cream pies. To me that seemed like plenty, but she had to make pumpkin rolls - not just one, but four of them. They are really good. I know because we had to sample one. The turkey is in the oven, and now we just need to wait for the big day to arrive.

I love Thanksgiving and all it represents. When my granddaughter came over tonight I was excited to hear about the feast they had at school today. She knew so many details about what the pilgrims had done when they arrived here. We spent time going through my photo albums so she could see the pictures I took when I was in Plymouth, MA. Instead of me telling her about the pilgrims she told me their stories.

Tomorrow will be a fun day with some of the children and grandchildren gathered around. My wish for each of you is that you have a wonderful day.


1 comment:

G. Parker said...

Wonderful job...and I hope you had a great thanksgiving!