Wednesday, November 04, 2009

I'm Busy

By C. LaRene Hall

I’ve heard that some people succeed because they are destined for success, but most people succeed because they are determined to do so. With most of us writers, at least the ones that I know, we will succeed because we are determined to write that book – the book that is in each of us.

I’m sure that is the main reason why so many of us have signed up for National Novel Writing Month. No, we're not crazy but the idea of actually writing 50,000 words in only one month is tempting to many of us. None of us is planning to get much done besides the writing of our current novel. I’ll continue to post my regular blogs, but they won’t be very long.

At the end of today, Wednesday, November 4th, my goal was to have written 6,000 words, (2,000 words for each day not including Sunday) but it's only the beginning of the day and my word count is already 7,177. I hope the rest of the month goes as well as the first two days.

3 comments:

Evelyn Curtis said...

Wow! Excellent work! I find that once I get going, the words just seem to fall out onto the page! That is an awesome feeling!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Connie! BTW, you did an excellent job last night. Your speech was beautiful and you read it very well. =]

C. LaRene Hall said...

Evelyn - you're right once you get going it really isn't so bad.
L. T. It was great seeing you on Tuesday. Thanks for the kind words.