Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Flight of the Bumblebee

By C. LaRene Hall


I really hadn’t thought much about bumblebees and believing in myself until my granddaughter gave me a beautiful mug this past week. It says the things that I truly believe. The inscriptions on the mug say – Beelieve and achieve, Beelieve with your heart, Beelieve you can succeed, What the mind can beelieve, it can achieve, Bee true to yourself, Surround yourself with beelievers, Great things happen when we believe, and When it is to bee, it’s up to me.

Bumblebee’s are not supposed to fly – their wings are too weak and their body too heavy, but the bumblebee, not knowing this, flies anyway. I guess I’m a lot like a bumblebee, if I set my mind to do something; I do it, even if someone says I can’t. We should all believe in ourselves, and not let anyone else determine what we will or won’t do in this life.

Some of us are lucky and have people standing behind us in our writing, and others aren’t as fortunate to have someone by our side. That shouldn’t matter; we are each responsibility for our success or failure. I know that if I continue to try someday I will succeed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that about bumblebees. How fascinating. And just one more example to me of God's brilliance.

ali cross said...

I LOVE that! I BEElieve in ME! And I BEElieve in you too Connie!

Kimberly Job said...

Inspiring post, Connie. I'm like you--if somebody tells me I can't do something, I'm determined to prove them wrong.