Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I Made It!

by C. LaRene Hall

As most of you already know, several of us bloggers joined with thousands of other people and wrote 50,000 words during the month of November. Karen, Darvell, Nichole, Gaynell and I all passed the finish line.

Now I’m wondering, was it really worth all that effort? Maybe it was, but I’m not sure. It took lots of effort. I now have a completed novel that needs lots of fixing up. Nichole reminded me that I can fix a bad page, but I can’t fix a blank one.

I wrote the story faster than anything I’ve ever written before. The best part of it is that I now know that I can write that fast. It actually is a good feeling to finish something that huge in such a short time.

Now comes the awful part – the editing. I honestly think that it’s going to take longer to fix the story than it took to write it. At this point, I’m not even sure if any of it makes any sense. I haven’t even opened my story since I wrote – The End. Maybe next month I’ll get brave and face the consequences of opening my story to see what awaits me. However, this month, I’m going to enjoy the holiday season.

Merry Christmas to all of you, and have a wonderful month, and for those of you who wrote so diligently have a relaxing month.

1 comment:

Kimberly Job said...

Awesome, Connie! Love that quote from Nichole. I think I'll hang it on my wall.