Friday, April 30, 2010

The Other Conference


by G.Parker

I went to the temple tonight with my hubby in preparation for stake conference this weekend. It was wonderful, as usual, and quite full. We went early, as we go weekly and did sealings...then we went to a session with our ward.

I sat there, surrounded by people I've known for over 30 years (some of them), and realized that this was similar to what Heaven was going to be like. I also thought of the writing conference this past weekend, and how this was actually kind of similar.

We go to these conferences to refuel and gain perspective as writers. We go to the temple to do the same thing for our spiritual well being.

I think as LDS writers, we get the best of both worlds. Not only do we have a different perspective on our purpose as a writer, but we also see the larger picture and have a support system far more vast than any one else.

I just want to say I'm thankful to be associated with all of you and for the support you have given me over the years.

Thanks.

Now go throw a snowball at someone and have a party. It's spring in Utah, in case you haven't noticed... ;)

1 comment:

Keith N Fisher said...

Thank YOU for all the support you've given to so many.