Friday, June 18, 2010

Alternatives

by G.Parker


I wasn't able to write yesterday, and it was a strange feeling. It's not that I've been very dedicated so far this summer - I've told myself I need to write, and once actually got myself to sit down at do so, remember my vacation? But I haven't been really good about it.

Yesterday was the day my critique group was meeting, and I realized I should have something to hand out. Thing was, our UPS has begun to have problems, and it choose the night before to wing out so I couldn't turn my computer on. I could get on the internet on a different computer, but I couldn't access my hard drive and my story. I generally keep a back up on an email site and a separate hard drive, but it didn't have the most current copy, so that didn't help.

I thought it was really ironic that on a day when I really wanted to write, I couldn't. What's that saying, it's not until something is gone that you realize what you had? Or how about the grass is greener on the other side? I think it's human nature, sometimes, to want something only when it's gone. I'm not sure.

But at least my so amazing hubby got things figured out and my computer back up so that I'm able to access things today. I'm going to be writing, and I really don't have anything else to get in the way.

Life is good.

No comments: