Saturday, July 31, 2010

Consistancy Amid Changes

By Keith N Fisher

How do you like the new look? Yes, you’re in the right place. This is the LDS Writer’s Blogck. We lost the use of the other template and needed to make a change. I like what Nichole has done.

She’s the one that holds us all together you know, and I applaud her.

This blog, dedicated to writing tips and the struggles associated with getting published, was created by a group of Authors Incognito Members. At the time, there were few blogs about writing, even fewer discussing the LDS Market. After the LDStorymakers Conference in 2006, Darvell Hunt asked for volunteers and the first post went out on April 26.

C L Beck posted about the name Blogck, and it was off and running. The first posts were by Darvell Hunt, C L Beck, Heather Justesen, Nichole Giles, Connie Hall, W L Elliott, and Danyelle Fergusen. Karen Hoover, and Gaynell Parker were next.

I joined the team on June 24th when Danyelle bowed out due to time restraints. I got the Saturday slot and began to try and spread the message that you are not alone in your writing struggle.

Over the past four years, we’ve had bloggers come and go. I’ve been late a few times, but I’ve never missed a post. Some of my blogs have inspired some did not. It’s been a rewarding experience for me personally.

Now, with the semi retirement of Ali, we have opened up the Monday slot for guest bloggers from Author’s Incognito, and I think it’s working out great, don’t you?

Other writers might come and go in the future, but you can rest assured, the Blogck will be here to encourage you. As I stated in my first blog on this site, we all are standing on a precipice, ready to march forward with stories that will delight and inspire. Many have gone forward, many will follow as God uses his army of writers to bring souls to Christ.

Since we have so many followers, I know we are being read. One thing I’d like to know, however, have we made a difference? Do we encourage you to keep going? Please leave a comment and let us know.

In the meantime, good luck with your writing—see you next week.

6 comments:

Ann Best said...

I'm a fairly recent follower, LDS, and about to publish a memoir with WiDo. I've been encouraged by what you each write. And I like the new template very much. Very "clean," sharp, readable. Keep it up. You're doing a great job!
Ann

Sharon Cohen said...

I'm a fairly recently LDS follower too. I have not yet begun to write.

Thanks for asking. I follow this and a few other blogs about writing for encouragement to begin. I also learn much about the writing and publishing process. There are few things in this life that I have jumped into that I did not thoroughly research before doing so. I must admit, though, that this is taking me longer than my choice to join the church!

Keep up the good work - all of you. You do make a difference. I am now (at least) keeping up with my blog!

Jolene Perry said...

It's been great for me. There aren't a ton of LDS people way up here in Alaska and it's nice to see that there are others out there writing.

Stephanie Humphreys said...

I like the new look. Keep up the great work, you guys do make a difference.

Michael Knudsen said...

I never miss the blogck! My first novel is being released by CFI in December, and I attended my first Storymakers conference in April. This blog has helped me to continue feeling a part of that great community. I have especially enjoyed the recent guests and look forward to making my own contribution later this month. Your posts are very inspirational, Keith.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely you make a difference. Of all the places I visit, of all the people I've met, I return here because all of you have given me more than I can possibly repay. Consider me hooked. I may not always comment like I used to, but I'm still lurking around here. (Even when I'm not supposed to be!)

XOXO
--L.T.