Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Balance

by C. LaRene Hall

A couple of years ago I attended a writing conference at Cedar Fort. Eloise Owens, author of “Get Off The Beach!” was the guest speaker.

I’m so glad that I finally got around to reading her book. The last page really caught my attention especially the part about enjoying the ride. I also want to share a quote with you from this book, “If everyone does it, you don’t. You do it differently.” This is exactly the way I think. Sometimes I think I’m the oddball. I don’t want to be like anyone else. I want to be me.

Eloise says that it takes great balance to live. I know that in my life I need to find the right kind of balance every time and every day. I wonder if this really is all that can be missing from my life. Is anyone else having as much trouble balancing their life as I am?

Ms. Owens encourages us all to build our life on things that matter and fill our life with purpose. To me writing matters and without it, life wouldn’t have much purpose. Now, all I have to do is balance things every day so that I can have more time to write. What do you need to do, to give your life more purpose?

Eloise Owens also told us to demonstrate love to all that cross our path. If we do this, life will feel more complete. This is great advice, and something I’m going to work harder at accomplishing. If I do things my way, and loving balance my life with important things, life has to get better.

1 comment:

Rebecca Blevins said...

This is a great post. I know I definitely feel the difference when my life is filled with purpose. Without it, I drift on a sea of apathy or depression.