* A place to write. It can be a tiny table in the corner of your bedroom, but it's important to have a place you associate with your creativity. If would also be nice is it's a place where you won't be disturbed.
* A time to write. It doesn't have to be every day, but it helps if there is some kind of consistency.
* A way to record all your ideas no matter where you are. It can be index cards, a notebook, your phone, anything. Just don't let good thoughts get lost.
* A reminder of your writing goal – something to see when you get discouraged.
* A way of keeping track of your progress. This is especially important for long term projects like writing a novel, when sometimes it feels like it has no end. You can count words, or draw some kind of chart--whatever works for you.
* A way to get support from peers or mentors.