Thursday, April 28, 2011

I feel Like Celebrating

by Cheri Chesley

I went to bed last night so excited to be a writer. The Peasant Queen saga (for lack of a better phrase) is nearly complete, and this winter I'm going to get to work on something new. I've even started taking internal inventory to see which new character speaks loudest.

It's always fun to start a new project. The creative juices start to flow, and you get to meet all new characters. Settings are new, conflicts are different--you get to stretch more as a writer and grow more as a person.

I already have an inkling of what story I'm going to write next. It's a definite departure from YA fantasy, being contemporary LDS fiction. Recently, while working on my current project, I got a completely out of the blue inspiration to change the time line and setting of this particular story.

And I can't wait.