Thursday, April 21, 2011

Today Is...

by Cheri Chesley

Today is Thursday, April 21st, which, in my house means birthday times 3. 12 years ago I gave birth to healthy and terrifying twin boys, and then on their 5th birthday I gave them a baby sister.

And people have accused me of planning that.

Seriously.

What today does NOT mean is I'll get any writing done. :) But that's okay.

This week I have posted poems I wrote for my boys both on my author BLOG and my mommy BLOG. They're kinda sweet. I have one for my daughter, but I'm not as satisfied with it. I don't feel it accurately describes her or the feelings she invokes. I'm still going to post it tomorrow for my weekly Mormon Mommy Writers POST.

One of the blessings I had recently states that I should look to my children for inspiration in my writing. Usually it's humorous status posts on Facebook. They are kind of nutty, but in a good way. And even though I sometimes worry that they won't behave unsupervised in public, I don't think it's possible to love them any more than I do now.

No comments: