Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Writers Workshop

by C. LaRene Hall

As a writer one of the things I really look forward to every year are workshops to help me in my writing. I like it even better when those workshops are free. I'm notifying you ahead of time about one such workshop coming up in just a couple of weeks. I'm doing it this week so you can put it on your calendar.

The workshop is called - WRITE HERE IN EPHRAIM – 2012 and will be held on SATURDAY APRIL 14 at Snow College in Ephraim, Utah, at the Greenwood Student Center - 250 E College Ave (100 N). 7:45 - 8:30 am is Registration and from 8:30 am - 8:45 am is welcome and door prizes. Classes start at 8:50 and go until 5 pm. That doesn't mean the fun is over because to me it looks like there's still door prizes and games because we aren't going home until 6 pm.

There are many other workshops on my calendar. The League of Utah Writers has their Spring Workshop in April, and the LDStorymakers has one in May.

I can tell you for sure that I would not be much of a writer if I hadn't been attending these workshops and learning new skills and new ways to do things. It's also where I have met many new friends that have the same interest I have. With the internet there is plenty of ways to search for these workshops. I hope this inspires you to attend as many as you can fit into your busy schedule - and I hope I see you in Ephraim. If so, be sure to say Hi!

I won't be here next week - I'm going to Branson.

1 comment:

Donna K. Weaver said...

There are some great presenters going to be there.