Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Book launch details

by C. Michelle Jefferies

Within sixty days, I will be celebrating the release of my first book. This month I am writing a new rough draft, and planning my launch. While I have been dreaming of this party for years, I am seeing that there is a seperate reality that is full of lists and alot of things that need to be done in the next few weeks. Since I have worked hard on this list and the things on the list, I thought I'd share it with you and hope we can all benefit from it. If you have anything to add or any comments please feel free to let me know. 

Book launch planning list:

Place. 

Date and time


Note: may have a private dinner thing  for an hour before public launch.

Food for private party. What I provide and if I will ask for potluck donations.  



Treats for public launch, plan food, and drink. How to display food and drinks. Person to watch the treat table and maintain it.



Children’s table Crafts and snacks. AND some one older to help and to monitor the snacks.



Invitations for private party

Flyers all over local area


Post cards to mail to places like paper and businesses I know and libraries

Call paper



Print bookmarks or order book marks



Print business cards.


Cake with edible book cover on it?


Someone to photograph the whole event maybe post pics on FB as a "live event"



Order little prizes or candy give out with book purchase


Decorations for launch party


Signing table and maybe t-shirts for those who are helping


Maybe solicit door prizes from local businesses in return for a bit of advertizing


Assistant-time keeper-manages money for book buying, cash box and change. 


Buy card reader and borrow ipod touch or I phone from friend



Radio and TV



Posters from staples, one for desk one for entryway.


Person to watch kids.


Pick outfit to wear


 
Gather things for door prizes


Note: Four seperate people for taking pictures, childrens table, desert table, and handling money and time keeping

Schedule:

Welcome

Reading from the book

Question and answer period

Signing

Door prizes throughout the night

 ~The path to wisdom is not always straight.

No comments: