Friday, November 16, 2012

A Funeral, 2 Weddings a Play and 40,000 Words

by G.Parker

Well, as many things do in life, it feels like we have come full circle.  Not only do I remember having this same type of title sometime before, but I feel like my life is de ja vu lately.  We were helping with a Pow Wow last weekend, and while there, my sister-in-law's father-in-law (are we confused yet?) passed away.  It wasn't like it was totally unexpected, he had been ill for a while, and was in the hospital when he passed, but it was still something I don't think anyone is prepared for.

So the viewing was Wednesday and the Funeral was Thursday, in Heber.  Which is at least an hour away from us.  Neither of us could take the day off Thursday to go to the funeral, so we ran up Wednesday before a meeting where our church was introducing the new Sunday School and YMYW curriculum to the parents. Nothing like spending two hours in the car...

Anyway, we have a wedding reception tonight, and then my husbands nephew is getting married tomorrow in Logan and we are going to be tied up with that all day.  On top of that we spent Thursday night at a school play so my son could get credit for his drama class.  And then this afternoon I had apple crisp to make for the wedding breakfast/dinner.

That doesn't leave a lot of time for writing.

Thus, I am thankful that I've been able to get more writing done before now, and am at 38,000 words.  I can probably squeeze a thousand in before the reception tonight, and then hopefully another thousand before bed...so that I won't have to stress during the weekend and be able to finish easily before the end of the month.  Unless something else crops up...lol.

I used to wonder how some of those people could get in thousands of words.  I have discovered it's all a matter of organization and how fast you can type.  I have another story that I think I'll be trying to get as many words in that I can before the end of the month as well.  There's no way I'll make another 50,000 words, but it should be interesting to see what I come up with.

Hopefully everyone is at least close to 20,000 words.  What is your goal for the weekend?  Going to attend a write-in?  Going to hide down in the basement and see how the muse works?  Good luck on whatever the plan, I know you can do it!!

No comments: