Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Holidays and Last Day of the World

by G.Parker



Well, the month has gone by faster than a rabbit in search of a carrot.  I can't believe it's only 4 days till Christmas, and (no big surprise to anyone) I'm not ready for it.  This month hasn't seemed very Christmassy to me.  My daughter commented that she felt the same way.  I'm not sure why - I looked forward to this month with great anticipation.  But, I've also looked forward to January so much that this month has faded in comparison.  I'm not sure.

But anyway - in the large scheme of things, we aren't supposed to be here tomorrow.  Personally I don't think that's going to happen -- it would be too easy.  Life doesn't work that way.  ;)

If that were to happen though, what would be your thoughts?  I watched a sitcom that I've been recording called Go On with Matthew Perry.  It's pretty good, but this one was about the last day.  One of the characters had survived past the point his doctors had said he would, and he'd made a list of all the things he wanted to do on his birthday.  It kind of sounded like a bucket list.

I'm not sure how I would approach it.  There are many things I want to do in this life, being a well known published author is one of them.  But on the other hand, I don't have lots of things I want to do that aren't the unusual.  I just like spending time with my family.  Writing.  Reading.  Doing some cooking.  That's my idea of a good time.

There was a time when I wanted to do a lot of travel, but that has changed.  While it would be fun to go to New Zealand and Australia, Scotland, and Hawaii with my family, it's not the panic it used to be.  It doesn't really  matter in the eternal scheme of things.

Family does.

So, while you contemplate the last day of the world, and your family, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas weekend.  I hope you spend every day with loved ones, remembering the reason for the season; our dear Savior Jesus Christ.  I know we will.

Merry Christmas.  See you next week.  ;)

No comments: