Friday, January 25, 2013

Cats Paw and other thoughts...

by G.Parker

Well, due to multiple reasons, my post was late today.  In fact, it's kind of from the future, but I guess that doesn't matter.  My son came home from his mission on Wednesday, we've had ice and snow and craziness abounding the rest of the time, and I haven't had access to the internet for strange reasons...so -- no real help or news.

But, I was able to get on now, and wanted to leave you with a quick post about fog.  I remember hearing sometime either in a poem or a quote from someone about fog coming like cats paws...silently and stealthily. We have fog right now, have since yesterday.  Used to be when we got an inversion, we got four or so days of fog, and everything would be coated in white.  This year, it was just cold, and no real fog.  Till now...and then we had freezing rain, which was a whole different ball game...

So - I wanted to note that weather can inspire story telling.  I wrote a story started by one day of fog and it is still one of my favorites that I have yet to finish...sigh.  What has weather inspired in you?  We'd love to hear.  Until next week...

No comments: