Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Methods of Motivation

by C. Michelle Jefferies

I have a lot of things going this year. I'll have two books released as well as a short story in a Christmas anthology. I am also in various stages of writing and editing other works in progress.

Yet somedays I can't seem to stay off facebook.

It's not that I don't have plenty of ideas to write or projects to do. I have tons of story ideas begging to be written and projects in various stages of done-ness.

It's just that things like facebook and Pinterest and other social media is so shiny!

I have a whiteboard right next to my desk with all my projects listed and their level of completion. I try to have certain hours where i work and do writerly things. Somedays I think I'm more distractable than others.

How does everyone esle do it? How do you stay motivated?

The path to wisdom is not always straight.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Facebook is just easier some days. Plus, there's more immediate gratification. I try to log out of Facebook and put the iPad out of reach while I'm trying to write, but some days are better than others for sure.