Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Do You Live in a Fairytale World?

By Connie S. Hall

Visiting Scotland in the upper portion of Great Britain was beautiful and unlike anything I’ve seen before. The clans and tartans, lochs and legends of this country were intriguing. In England, I saw many ruins of ancient medieval castles, abbeys, and stone circles standing as though they witnessed centuries of happenings. In Wales, there were towering hills that have stood for centuries with waterfalls cascading down their hillsides. The ancient things I saw have made my imagination run wild.

I wish I had a magic wand that would make my dreams come true because now I dream of living in a big castle with over one hundred rooms, secret staircases, and treasure chests filled with jewels. I want to meet a handsome prince and have knights with armor guarding my magnificent castle.

Do you live in a world where magic is real and legends come true? Can you imagine a peaceful land where unknown evil lurks? For me living in a fairytale land of kings and queens, knights and ladies would be great fun. Maybe you sometimes wonder if you are crazy. You’re probably not crazy; you are a writer.

1 comment:

Marsha Ward said...

Connie,

That sounds so wonderful! I'd love to live in a fairytale world--maybe for a while, but I think I'd miss my computer. LOL!

Marsha Ward
Writer in the Pines