Thursday, January 25, 2007

5 things no one knows...

by W.L. Elliott
Blogger Emeritus



5 things no one knows about me....

That’s a really hard assignment. I have no room for secrets in my life. I’m a very open person; what you see is what you get and if you don’t like it, you can look the other way!

It took hours, but I finally managed to come up with five things that may or may not be known, depending on who’s reading this.

1. I keep a statue of Buddha above my computer monitor. No, I do not worship it. It is the miniature version of a statue I was very fond of as a child. When I found it in the store, it brought back all sorts of good memories, so my husband bought it for me.

2. I hate peppermint. I don’t like the smell or the taste. I love every other kind of mint; wintergreen, spearmint, etc. But I loathe peppermint.

3. I’m incredibly shy by nature. People never believe me when I tell them this, but it’s true. I was so painfully shy as a kid that, when anyone came to the house, I would hide in my bedroom. It took a patient home teacher who always had candy in his pocket to get me out of that habit. He would slip a piece of candy through the bedroom door that I would only open an inch. To this day I have a very hard time in crowded places. When you meet the outgoing, talkative person at the writers’ conference, it’s years of acting classes and moving every year as a kid. Without those experiences, I'd be cowering in the back of the room under a table.

4. I have two middle names. No, I’m not telling you what they are. Both names are for my grandmothers.

5. I almost turned down my mission call to marry a Pentecostal minister. It came right down to the night before I mailed in my acceptance letter, I laid in bed for hours after everyone else was asleep, mulling it over. Thankfully, I made the right choice and, as a result of my wonderful mission, I met my very best friend, who later introduced me to my husband, who I married in the temple.

So now you know.

“My life is an open book, I see.”

So who’s next?

Nicole Giles! Come on down! You’re the next contestant!

2 comments:

Nichole Giles said...

Thanks, Wendy. That's my second tag. I feel special.

Nichole

Cindy Beck, author said...

Wendy,
It was such a kick to see that you'd listed yourself as a 'Blogger Emeritus'. Sounds like something you can definitely stick on your luggage!:-)

Welcome back,and good job on the blog.