Monday, March 05, 2007

And the Winner Is …

By C.L. Beck
© 2007

The month of February is over, and I know you'll all be sad to hear it, but I’ve officially closed out the License Plate Frames Slogan Contest. (That’s a mouthful—say that five times fast!)

Just to be sure I was doing this correctly however, I watched the Academy Awards and took notes. Following their example, I’m awarding the coveted Rubber Ducky Award to none other than … Al Gore!

Oops, sorry. He didn’t actually enter a slogan, so I guess that won’t work. Apparently he is a writer, and if he’d known about the contest, I'm sure he would've entered.

If by some slight chance you wanted to compete but forgot about the contest, (oh, heavens, you didn’t forget it, did you?) you can always enter … someone else’s contest. But it’s too late for this one.

The first prize—a genuine, almost two inches tall, never-before-used-in-a-bathtub, rubber ducky—goes to Nichole Giles for her award winning, license plate frame slogan: "Undercover surveillance vehicle...surrender your chocolate."

Honorable mention goes to Triple Nickel, W.L. Elliott, John Ferguson, and Darvell Hunt. (Sadly enough, they get a mention but no ducky.)

If you didn’t get a chance to read the entries before now, you can go to:
http://ldswritersblogck.blogspot.com/2007_02_04_archive.html

Once you’re there, scroll down to the bottom of the page to “License Plate Frame Slogans (And a Contest!) By C.L. Beck © 2007” and click on “comments”.

Thanks to all who entered. And Nichole, enjoy your rubber ducky!

4 comments:

Keith N Fisher said...

Oh No, now I have Rubber ducky envy. I could put him on my monitor and he would squeek inspiration now an then. Maybe he could be my spell checker.

congrats Nichole and great contest Inky

Nichole Giles said...

Oh, I'm so flustered. I can't believe I won. What a great and wonderful honor. I'd like to thank my husband, and my kids, and my friends, and my parents, and my blogging group, and...

Oh, wait. This is the rubber ducky awards, not the academy awards. So I'd like to thank C.L. Beck for having a contest in the first place.

It was fun!

Nichole

Cindy Beck, author said...

Keith,
I'll let you in a on secret. If you stay at the Howard Johnson in St. George, they'll give you your very own rubber ducky ... and you don't even have to enter a contest to win it.

Of course, you do have to pay $70 a night to stay there, but hey ... it's a small price to pay for such a novel, never-before-used-in-a-bathtub rubbery ducky!

Thanks for the compliment on the contest, Keith!

Cindy Beck, author said...

Nichole,
Glad you enjoyed the contest.

We, at the Rubber Ducky Academy, would like to thank you for your innovative approach to license plate frame slogans, and wish you years of success in that great arena.

Your priceless Rubber Ducky Award has been shipped and should arrive at your home in the next few days ... or maybe weeks or months.

Your very own rubbery ducky is made of the highest quality rubbery and if cared for properly should give you many years ... ok, maybe months ... ok, maybe days ... of happy bathing.

And now, we'll be back after this word from our sponsor ...