Thursday, May 08, 2008

Back Next Week

By Nichole Giles

If you read my blog last Thursday, you understand that I was planning a vacation. What I didn’t mention was that my vacation started this past Sunday. While you read this, I am either riding thrill rides with my kids (and trying not to be motion sick) or lounging on the beach. Are you jealous yet?

Don’t worry, I’m sure I’ll blog about it when I get back, and I’ll do my best to share some of the good times with my readers.

For now though, here are a few writing prompts to get you through the week. (Taken from The Pocket Muse, Endless Inspiration by Monica Wood.

1. Revisit a story you’ve told many times. Now, tell a different story, beginning with the thing that happened after the story’s end.

2. What if you finally did what you’ve always wanted to do?


3. A woman on a beach, dressed in black, shouting a single word to the ocean. What is the word, and how did she come to this? (My own variation of this one includes white clothing rather than black.)


Good luck! Have a great week, and I’ll see you next Thursday. Oh, and if any of you come up with a whole book from one of these prompts, I want to hear about it!

No comments: