Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Within My Reach

By C. LaRene Hall

I’m still on my economical kick this week, and have decided that we should all focus on what WE DO HAVE. Let’s not moan and groan about the things that aren’t ours. We should stop and count our many blessings. Living here in the United States of America, almost anything is within our reach, if we but work for it.

Some people will always complain, no matter what the situation is. They have always moaned, and are still protesting loudly. I doubt they even stop to think about how much they have.

Most of us still go out to eat regularly, and we have food in our pantries. In some countries, they go hungry. They don’t know what a restaurant looks like. When I think about others going without food, I feel guilty that I waste some because I’m too full, or maybe I don’t particularly like what I’m eating. I spend lots of money buying groceries, and some of the things I buy are not necessary, but are luxuries.

This year I spent money and went on a vacation to Hawaii. Some people never leave the place where they were born. I have more than one pair of shoes while others don’t even own anything to keep their feet warm. The list of things other people don’t have, that I do, could be very long. I know I have everything my heart desires. If I want it, I buy it. It doesn’t matter if I need it or not.

I’ll bet those of you who write, like me, are grateful for your computer. Aren’t you glad that you don’t have to use a typewriter when you write? Life is easy for us. I know that having a book published is within my reach, but I have to work for it. I learned a long time ago, that I have to work for what I receive. Count your blessings and reach high.

1 comment:

ali cross said...

Hear, hear, Connie!