Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year, New Page

by G.Parker

One of the things I like about the New Year, is that it gives you the opportunity to start fresh. To start with a blank page. Every day is like that, but so many of us are unable to work without that calendar start, the thought that we've started something new. Bigger than just a new day, week or month. It's a bran new year.

Well, what I love most is a blank page. I used to love to buy notebooks full of lined paper so that I could fill them with my stories. Now, I have to deal with a blank computer page with a blinking cursor. For some reason, it's just not the same. I think it's the source of my writing blocks when I have them -- that dang cursor. It's like a blinking eye -- waiting and watching. Grin.

My goals this year are pretty much the same as last year. Submit something every month. Finish editing the stories I've finished. Get published -- even if it's just a magazine article. Write every day.

Believe it or not, that last one will be the hardest. I guess when it gets easier, the submitting and everything else will fall into place.

No comments: