Tuesday, September 08, 2009

What Other Writers Have To Say
(Or, How I Stole Other People’s Words Because
the Long Weekend Made Me Forget to Write My Own.)

By Darvell Hunt

There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein. --Walter Wellesley "Red" Smith

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. --Anaïs Nin

I try to leave out the parts that people skip. --Elmore Leonard

If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. --Toni Morrison

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out. --Author Unknown

Maybe you could be a good writer – maybe even good enough to write a book... but you might not know it until you write...
--President Barack Obama

If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster. --Isaac Asimov

I'd rather be caught holding up a bank than stealing so much as a two-word phrase from another writer. --Jack Smith

3 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

The funny thing is...They are all true! =)

Cheri Chesley said...

I've used a couple of those...love them!

Anonymous said...

That last one is so me.