Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Planting

By C. LaRene Hall

Early Saturday morning I realized I needed to do something with all the plants, and flowers I had acquired the past few weeks. Those who know me, realize there isn’t a green thumb attached to my body. Give me a computer and I can write up a storm, but give me a potted plant, and disaster is sure to strike. Some people love gardening, but me – don’t ask.

I knew that if I didn’t do something that day, the beautiful plants wouldn’t live to see another day. Even if I do my best, they might not see another week. Somehow, I managed to replant and split two of the largest plants into six smaller ones. I didn’t want to push fate too much, so I left the other three smaller plants alone. After all, they still haven’t shown any sign of dying.

All of this happened four days ago and all the plants are still breathing, at least, there are no droopy leaves, and maybe, I didn’t give them too much water. I wonder if I watered them enough. Anyway, that corner of my living room is beautiful. Before there were two scraggly plants trying to survive and now the entire corner is alive with plants and flowers. I wonder how long it will last. Probably not long. Meanwhile, I’ll enjoy it, and since the scenery is better, maybe I’ll even move to the front room to write.

No comments: