Friday, December 04, 2009

The Day After Hangover


by G.Parker

Okay, before you look at the screen funny, I don't drink. I'm talking in a hypothetical sense, as in Nano is over and it's the days after.

I don't know about the rest of our group, but I feel kind of washed out. I finished before the end of the month, and thought about reaching 60,000 words, remember? I got to 53,000 and then kind of petered out. Sigh.

It was so great to sit down and have the words pour out again, fun to see characters grow in front of my eyes, a story line take shape. Unfortunately, the moment I reached my goal, things kind of went flat. The story needs a little boost, and I haven't got the desire to do anything with it.

I'm thinking that January needs to be edit and finish month. Anyone with me? We'll finish the stories we started for nano (if it wasn't done) and see how much editing we can get done in one month. January is usually a slow and depressing month for most people -- me not so much. But I do think it would be good to have others with me in the endeavor.

So...get your thoughts in line, and get ready for the first week of January, 'cause words are gonna roll!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great idea! Count me in!