Friday, December 11, 2009

Only Two Weeks Left...

by G.Parker

I was happily working away yesterday when a coworker reminded us that there were only 14 days left till Christmas. Only one week left of work, as we get the week of Christmas off.

I had a moment of panic.

I am not prepared this year. I was so involved with NaNoWriMo, that I didn't get much else done. We have stocking stuffers...but not much by way of presents. Money has also been tight, and so it's a question of how much and when in the world we're going to do it!?

I guess my personal life is much like my writing life. I write better under pressure. I like deadlines. Knowing that there is a limited amount of time makes my brain function better. Perhaps that's why I haven't been able to do much since November and the pressure is off. I'm not sure.

Anyway, I guess it's time to start polling the children because no one has really given me anything to work with and the shopping days are waning...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! I have a ton of shopping to do. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Kimberly Job said...

I haven't bought a single thing . . . don't even have my tree up. Bah humbug!