Friday, February 05, 2010

The Barn Door is Open...


by G.Parker

Getting asked if you lived in a barn or grew up in a barn is a common question when leaving a door open. At least if you have parents like me and my hubby. And my mother-in-law. And anyone else I know.... Grin. Generally, it means get up off your but and close the door, you're letting the hot/cold air in or out.

This new year has only started and most of us would look at the calendar and think, wow, that's a lot of empty days ahead. What is going to happen? What plans will we make? What are we going to get done? Those goals that were set at the beginning of January take shape in those empty days and give us some way of measuring our time.

Well, already I've been informed I have two grandchildren on the way, a son that's getting ready for a mission, two nieces that are getting married and two daughters that are hoping to move out soon. This will leave us with a house down to two children - theoretically -- which doesn't include the cats and new dog. Perfect writing situation, right?

I'm not sure.

Not only that, but several others in our blogging circle are experiencing the phrase "you can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives". All of us have relations that are causing us stress, and it makes it hard to find the creativity inside us to write. Short of commiserating with each other, it's a tossed bag which of us are getting anything done.

All I know is it's a year full of stress already and it's only started. It feels like someone's opened the door and left it open -- will someone go shut it please? I've got my hands full.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Then it's that much more wonderful that you have such an awesome group of friends because many hands makes light work, right? =] Hope things settle down soon.