Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

By Cheri Chesley

Happy Thanksgiving! Hopefully, if you’re here, then you’ve already stuffed yourself with all the delights of the day. I know I love to read blog posts on a full stomach. :)

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I wanted to spend a little time on the things I value most in my life. And share an experience with you.

My little family is the most wonderful, amazing little family ever. We have our ups and downs, but when we pull together nothing can stop us. Right now, everyone is pulling together to help make my writing career a success. What defines success is different for everyone. We’ve clearly defined it within our family, and we’re working for it.

As the mom, this is hard for me. My mind set is that I have to do everything I can for my family, not have them do all they can for me. I know it turns out that we all have to make sacrifices, but at the same time I just want them to know how very much I appreciate what they do for me.

I’m sure we all have at least one friend or writing acquaintance in our circles who doesn’t have the support of their family. I know I’m blessed; I can’t imagine having that struggle.

Last Thursday, my books arrived in the Cedar Fort warehouse in Springville. I found out Friday morning. Since the kids got out of school early on Friday, we drove from Tooele to Springville to pick up 25 copies of my book. The feeling I had when I first saw my book, when I held it in my hand—indescribable.

I’m thankful for that, too. :)