Friday, November 12, 2010

Second Week Down

by G.Parker

I guess I've declared myself the NaNoWriMo correspondent for our blog.  It wasn't intentional, but that's what I'm living right now, so that's what I write.  So, we enter the third week, with people going strong.

I've been able to stay on top of things so far.  I gave you all the numbers last week on what needed to happen to keep going with my goal.  I've been watching some of the others in our group (of Authors Incognito) that I'm writing buddies with, and let me tell you, some of their numbers are inspiring.  I'll think I'm doing good and can relax, I'll look up their numbers and realize that I'm way behind them.  Literally.  Ugh.  It's down right frustrating.

But it's a good thing, because it helps motivate me.  I don't need a lot of motivation during this time, because just knowing I can accomplish the 50,000 words keeps me going.  Fortunately my family has been really patient and last Saturday I even got things done around the house!  It was amazing.

I think week three is the hardest though - it's where you realize your story might be struggling, or you might hit a wall with a scene, etc.  It gets into more of the nitty gritty than just writing.  So, if you are one that needs someone cheering you on and motivation, well, here goes.  

"YOU CAN DO It, YES YOU CAN!  Beat my numbers, who's the man?  ....or something like that.  Grin.  Have a good week!

No comments: