Friday, December 03, 2010

Everyone is a Winner!

by G.Parker


Well, the counting is over, the verifying done and the fingers can now rest from the frenzied typing of the past weekend.  NaNoWriMo is now officially over.

Many of us have achieved the 50,000 word mark.  Those who didn't, wrote far more than they had ever done before.  Landmarks have been achieved and verified.  It's been an amazing year.  I've written more than I have before; 57,000.  I was trying to do like Nicole and reach 60,000 because I knew my story wasn't finished, but I didn't make it.  

This is the time when even those who've never really given it a try can sit back and know that they are winners.  Because, you see, it doesn't really matter if you made it to the 50,000 word level or not.  What really matters is that you got in there and wrote on that novel every day.  The hope of the sponsors of NaNo is that you'll realize that it's possible.  You too can be a writer.  It just takes determination and doing it.  Every day.

Now that we're heading into the holiday season, I just want to express my thanks for the great team with whom I work and the friendships we have.  It's been a great year, and I'm excited for the the next one.

Also...for those who celebrate such things, Happy Hanukkah!

No comments: