Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Roller Coaster

by C. LaRene Hall
We are already into the eight month of the year and my entire life during this year seems like a roller coaster ride. One day I’m very high and the next I find myself plunging to the bottom. Sometimes I ride slow and other times it’s very fast. There are days when there are many curves and other times when I just coast along smoothly.

I think my writing has suffered the most. Some days I can’t even write a word while other days my fingers fly across the keyboard. I never used to have a problem finding something to write about, but now I really do sit sometimes with no thoughts in my head. Now I can sympathize with those people who say they have writers block. Since I had never experienced it, I didn’t understand. I never paid attention during the workshops I attended that centered around writers block because it wasn’t a problem with me. Now what do I do? I guess I ask you for your suggestions.

I know I will once again find my fingers flying as the words come to my mind, but I’m tired of waiting.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hang in there! I think we all go through slumps like that for one reason or another. Give yourself permission to take it easy and go with the flow. When you're ready, the words will come.