Saturday, September 10, 2011

BOOK REVIEW

Wow, I’ve been absent for a long time. Sorry – I’ll try to do better in the future.

Tristi Pinkston asked me to do a book review today for a book, “All That Was Promised” by Vickie Hall. Many of you know I love historical fiction novels. This book was no exception. I do have to tell everyone that I had a hard time putting the book down. There was lots of action, and suspense, and even love stories. The story was well told and I’m anxious to read other books by Vickie Hall.

The story starts out with Richard Kenyon, a young Methodist minister listening to a Mormon missionary, Ben Lachlan. Ben shares his unusual message with Richard which leaves him questioning his life work. Richard’s wife Leah is not so anxious to have her life turned upside down.

I have visited Cardiff before and was excited to see those pictures in my mind brought back to life. The descriptions of the locality were so familiar. Vickie also was able to bring each of her characters to life. I felt like many of them could have been my friends.

I was amazed at the many violent persecution stories that Vicki shared in this story. The saints in Wales certainly suffered a lot for their new found religion. The story certainly kept me on the edge of my seat. The many twists and turns in every chapter kept me wanting to turn pages. I was actually disappointed when the story was finished because I wanted more.

If you enjoy historical fiction, I would certainly encourage you to read this book. I am displaying the purchase link. http://www.amazon.com/All-That-Promised-Vickie-Hall/dp/1599554798/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315243013&sr=8-1

No comments: