Friday, October 28, 2011

Are You Ready?

by G.Parker

Okay - I was a slacker last week, and I apologize.  I still can't believe I totally spaced off writing my blog, but then, we have discussed the swiss cheese brain factor, haven't we?

Anyway - today I want to remind you to get ready!  Actually, I'm hoping you're ready and chomping at the bit.  Next Tuesday starts Nano!!

Unless you've been living in a non writing world for the past little while, you should know what NaNo is, but just in case, a brief crash course.

NaNoWriMo (which stands for National Novel Writing Month) is a month long writing frenzy where you try to get 50,000 words written between the first and thirtieth.  It's not for the faint of heart, and it's not for everyone who writes.  But, it's dang fun and it's crazy.  My husband hates it - he threatens to send mail bombs every year.  "Why did they have to pick November for Pete's sake?  It's not like they couldn't have picked March or something."

You go to the site, you log in, and create your author page.  Then, you write.  Of course, you can't really write until the first, because everything you write before then doesn't count.  And you want EVERY word to count. I would still recommend that you flesh out your plot idea before hand, that makes it easier to just write, but whatever it takes, you should do this.  Because it makes the creative side in you grow, drives everyone around you crazy and will bring you more stress than you've ever known.  Hm....well, just keep a large supply of chocolate around and you'll be fine.  I always have a pep talk with my family ahead of time to remind them of whats happening and that they had better not expect too much interaction if I'm at the computer.

So, the blogs for the rest of the month of November are going to be about me and my fellow writer's progress.  Be sure and let us know if you've signed up.  We want to know how well you do!!

No comments: