Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Editing Tools

by C. Michelle Jefferies

I've been doing final edits on my Emergence manuscript, and secondary edits on the sequel Latent, as well as having the third book rough finished and sitting on the back burner. The one thing I have had to address this week is names. I've had to change names because I have had scenes where three characters names all start with the letter M or two main characters have names where the first two letters of their names start with El.

I've created a character name Master List for character names. (I know I have a lot of master lists, maybe I'll do a blog post on them sometime.) On this list I write the characters name, the book(s) they are in and who they are. I also have a short list of the few names I have had to change so I can remember who they were.

How do you keep track of your characters?

The path to wisdom is not always straight

No comments: