Friday, June 14, 2013

Got Words?

by G.Parker

Well, I'm running a little behind today.  Or should I say astern?  Perhaps hindmost would work?

As a writer, I love words.  I like knowing there are sooo many different ways of putting or saying things.  I would hope you have a thesaurus sitting on your desk.  I do, but I always go to one online because it's easier to search that way.

Using different words for something makes your brain work.  Gives the reader something other than "said" to look at, and enlarges the vocabulary.  Of course, that isn't necessarily our job as a writer, but it does help.

And so, since I am running a bit - latterly - than normal, (okay, who am I kidding?  I'm always running a bit late on the blog...but anyway) it's going to be short.  But I did want to encourage the looking into alternatives for words.  You never know when you're going to find a good one.

Have a great weekend!  Or should I say, tarriance.  ;)


No comments: