Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Using More Than Words

By C. LaRene Hall

Some people write with words and others use other means. While on vacation, we came across an out-of-the-way place where the artist used rocks to show what he saw. It was most unusual and yet, although I'm not talented in that way, I could almost see some of the things depicted. This place was located in Montana and wasn't a long ways off the freeway, and was called Pathway Through the Bible.

I took pictures of everything I saw, and since the stories are familiar, I have to show you some of them. Maybe you can see some of the things he saw.


Adam & Eve










Mount Ararat

Lot's wife

I could never do something like this, instead I’d rather sit in front of the computer, or put pen to paper. I don’t have the talent to pile rocks on top of one another, but I have to admit this certainly took talent and lots of time. Any building I do will have to be on paper with the written word.

5 comments:

The Misanthropic Mormon said...

auguri.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

I'm 50% Montanan and wondering where is this?

Anonymous said...

Facinating. Art with rocks. I just love it.

C. LaRene Hall said...

Sorry - I should have gave a better description of where it is located - It is along Highway 212 just north of Joliet, Montana. I think it's about 30 miles from Billings. Once we got off the freeway it didn't take us long to get there. It sits on the west side of the road (right hand side). I may have my directions wrong. It was real hot the day we were there.

* said...

This is great visual art. It also brings to mind other masterpieces: pyramids of Egypt and Mexico, Machu Pichu, Stonehenge, etc. WoW! Thanks for sharing.