Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Believe In Yourself

by C. LaRene Hall

The main reason that we, as writers, are succeeding is that we are trying. Behind every good writer is a motive, or reason that we sit for hours at a computer.

I’m sure that all of you had parents who guided you and made you believe in yourself while you were young. When I was in the 3rd grade, my parents put a small violin in my arm. Because of the proud expression on their faces, I tried my best to make something besides squeaks come from that instrument. Without their smiling face in the audience at every concert, I would not have kept trying.

The same thing happened when I sang my first solo, and when I performed group and solo dances. They were always there lending support. I knew if they were watching, I would do my best because I didn’t want to disappoint them.

Since my days of youth, I don’t have to look for their approval. They taught me to believe in myself and I could do anything that I set my mind to do. It’s still nice to have support from your family, your spouse and yes, your friends, but you don’t have to have it. If you believe – you can do anything.

6 comments:

Keith N Fisher said...

I'll click my heels three times and chant. "I believe I will be published."

ali cross said...

So true Connie! My belief in myself comes and goes. It's easy to let it go. But I work hard at remembering to BELIEVE.

Suzette Saxton said...

I LOVE the name of your blog! Thanks for the inspirational post.

Anonymous said...

I think belief and doubt are some of the things writers fight against the most. We have incredible odds to fight against, self-doubt, fear, and discouragement. Belief can be such a slippery thing. Thanks for reminding us to hold tightly to it.

Bethany Wiggins said...

Belief is a major component, with a hefty dose of hard work. Nice post. You rock.

C. LaRene Hall said...

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your comments. Believing in ourselves is difficult, but something we must all learn to do.