Thursday, June 30, 2011

If You Haven’t Heard

by Cheri Chesley

This summer, I am doing what I can to help my friend, Rebecca, raise money to pay her cancer bills. She's having another surgery Friday (tomorrow), and she's a bit worried about it. You can read more about it on her BLOG. I also have an update on my BLOG.

What I'm doing is a more direct way of using one's writing to help others. I think, when we think of our writing helping others, we think of the impact the words we write may have on someone who reads them. You know--all we have to do is reach ONE person, and we've done a great thing.

I'm already looking ahead to the end of August, and hoping I've done all I can. Like most people, I'm always going to be concerned that I missed something and could have done more. But, this is one thing--and I'm just starting out as a writer. I have another plan in the works, a more long-term goal, and that feels pretty good, too.

No comments: