Thursday, July 07, 2011

Lately...

by Cheri Chesley

Lately I've wanted nothing more than to take my manuscript, laptop and memory card someplace quiet and secluded (and internet free--don't hate me)and finish all the ideas swirling in my head. This current work in progress has been kicking my butt. And even though it's not remotely related to what I'm writing, I'd take my scriptures too. I need the inspiration. :)

I've had some incredible inspirations for the story, but I can't seem to make the time to tie everything together. So, I've created a fictional place in my mind where I want to go to finish everything up. These thoughts have brought to mind a poem I wrote many years ago:



The Enchanted Room

Far up in the tower, is a room known just to me.
It's where I go for solace, and to think of what will be.
It's where I go to express my creativity,
and wonder about life with much sincerity.
Does anyone else use this room, I wonder,
to do what I do here?
Or do they merely sit in it,
and enjoy the atmosphere?
When I go back to the real world,
I leave my thoughts within the walls.
They are there to greet me when I return,
and for them I will never fall.
I am certain that this room, my one and only place,
surely must be enchanted, for I can even see the face
of my soul.
There are many doors in here,
I wonder what they hide.
You may say, "Then, just open them!",
but believe me, I have tried.
This room is much like me;
it has its own secrets it hides
behind those locked doors,
as do I.

2 comments:

Donna K. Weaver said...

That was lovely. My place to go is a castle dungeon. Really. It's my basement and we painted the walls to look like a castle.

Cheri Chesley said...

Donna, that is so cool! One of the houses we've looked at has a cool upstairs loft. I'm thinking tower :)