Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Definition of Insanity

by Cheri Chesley

We've all heard it: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Welcome to my world.

Every week, I think to myself I will be better. I'm going to put all my blog posts for the week together Sunday afternoon, send them out to the necessary people, and schedule them to post on time for each of my blogs. I've succeeded in this maybe twice.

Sundays are great for this. We have early church, I'm not a napper, I feel much closer to the spirit after Sunday meetings, and I don't pack boxes or write stories on Sunday. Yet, home alone with the kids, this is harder than it sounds.

This week has been particularly hectic, given that we are MOVING in, oh, 11 days. Ugh. And MONDAY my 10 yr old got hit in the forehead with a golf club and needed 4 stitches. Tuesday we went to the dentist and got--less than stellar news. Wednesday, I went back to the dentist and, after 2 appts this coming Monday, should be in the clear. For the record, it still hurts to chew, and I don't even want to think about how I'm going to feel this time next week. Having my wisdom teeth out. Yay, me.

You might wonder why we scheduled all of this right before a cross country move. Well, the head injury was decidedly unscheduled. The dental appts should have been done last June or July, but I forgot to schedule them. And, until my husband's transfer goes through, the kids and I will be on emergency treatment only insurance coverage in OK. So, we might as well get these things over and done with now.

In all of this craziness, no, I have not been writing. I have been plotting furiously and looking forward to settling in our new home and writing again, but--at the moment--I can't see writing in my immediate future. Except for blog posts, of course.

This Sunday, because of how miserable I will be next week, I WILL write up all my posts early. I have to, or you aren't going to hear from me next week. :)

Happy reading/writing!

No comments: